Re: HELP REQUEST Managing Documentation and Scopes of Work

Subject: Re: HELP REQUEST Managing Documentation and Scopes of Work
From: CASSIN Gilles <GCassin -at- MEGA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 13:59:51 +0100

CHIG [chiggins -at- CONTINUUMPERFORMANCE -dot- COM] wrote:
I was bullied and pushed around like a three legged dog.

If it may comfort you, the first thing you must do is clearly state that
you'll not take responsibility as regards any delay in other production
steps (I remember a time when schedules were banned, cuz "It's an excuse
for delays". Nope, I told you you'd have your 30000 copies of a good and
validated doc in November if you give me a definitive version of the
product in September, since I'm the only writer, have to validate the
interface nobody ever took a look on, discuss with the developpers so
that they reorganize the more messy things, and send the whole thing for
print three weeks before I can get the printed stuff on your desk. //For
those who are curious, a first beta --there's no alpha in their geek
dixonry-- was issued in late december --read January 15//)

"No, not till Thursday." Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, IV-2

Gilles CASSIN
mailto:gcassin -at- mega -dot- com
+33 1 42 75 40 22
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for
them. YOU can cite them if you think they were of use.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=