Re: Word to Mac to Web

Subject: Re: Word to Mac to Web
From: CASSIN Gilles <GCassin -at- MEGA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 11:58:30 +0100

AlQuin answer to Lori Wiens:
<D. Do not export in HTML format, since Word HTML abilities are not
<standard W3C
This is true, but my advice would be to stick to HTML, with maybe some
editing of the raw Word production, or the use of another HTML editor
such as frontpage. We currently have strange behaviours in files that
have been transferred from mac to pc to mac to pc (nothing shows on
screen, but there are weird characters in the raw thing, that may cause
problems with some tools such as translation memory, and image
corruption problems- well, the last also happen with files that have
always stayed on pc, but at a less frequent rate).
"Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler."
(Albert Einstein)
Gilles CASSIN
mailto:gcassin -at- mega -dot- com
+33 1 42 75 40 22
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for
them. YOU can cite them if you think they were of use.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=