Re: FWD: Road blocks in negotiating raise

Subject: Re: FWD: Road blocks in negotiating raise
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 09:36:53 -0700

Dear Anon...this will be an honest response without
the candy coated wrapper...

> I was offered my current Tech Writing job after
> working as
> an intern last summer. I made a very good
> impression, and
> I demonstrated skills that are not typical of most
> interns.
> I unfortunately did not have any idea what I was
> "worth" at
> the time, so I took what I could get. Now that I
> have found
> out what the area standard for salary is, I realize
> that I am
> grossly underpaid. Not only am I underpaid in

You weren't grossly underpaid. You were a novice
technical writer (and actually, just barely leaving
that classification now). They gave you part of your
income as immediate gratification (money) and part of
it as deferred gratification (experience and