Re: Translation to HTML

Subject: Re: Translation to HTML
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 12:55:22 -0700

Elna Tymes wrote:

> Can you trust anything to do a really accurate translation? Or are you
> better off creating your text in one of the HTML creation packages?

Some translators do a better job than others, and some HTML editors
produce "cleaner" HTML code than others. (Both subjects have been
beaten to death on this list.)

For any substantial volume of existing text, I'd want to save "retyping"
time by using the best translator I could find, and the best HTML editor
to clean up the results. (I like Allaire's HomeSite.)

Many HTML editors include a code validator--there are also a jillion
free validators and free validation sites on the web.

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

N O W A V A I L A B L E ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

Try HTML Indexer, the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=