Re: Samples from *employers* (was: should I say something)

Subject: Re: Samples from *employers* (was: should I say something)
From: R G Wallen <rgwallen -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 19:26:44 -0700

Greetings,

I am in the same position as many other writers that write documentation
considered "Confidential". I might be able to see the potential
employer's handbook to see if I might fit in, but it would be the same if
they requested a sample of my own work. I cannot share samples of my work
due to the nondisclosure agreements I have signed for each and every
contract held to date. My referrals and reputation will either open the
door or land me the contract. I could counter such a request with a
response of "what topic would you like me to present and to what type of
audience?" I then could sit down and whip up a mini-whatever for the
potential client. I would not offer such a proposition until I was aware
of the scope, duration and salary range the client might wish me to
endure. I also, need to have a good first impression of this person I
might work with. Doing so would inspire me enough so a quick delivery
would be presented showing this person the talents that I can offer.

I basically make a guarantee that I can learn the new or existing process
within 30 days, then produce the necessary documentation for the client's
legal and training requirements. Either they are interested in a proposal
to create, enhance or replace the existing training and/or startup system
or not.

On Tue, 18 May 1999 08:14:16 -0400 Chris Hamilton <caxdj -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
writes:

> This entire thread brings up an interesting tangent. How many people
> ask to see a sample of the employer's work to see if they fit in? And
if
> you do, how do you react when you see substandard work? (After all, if
> it were good, they might not be looking for someone.)
>
> And if you don't ask for samples, is it something you might think of
> doing in the future?

Richard Wallen

We're still gaining on it... a little more each day
Sharing ideas that matter... with people who care!
mailto:rgwallen -at- juno -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=