Re: Danger of online Resumes

Subject: Re: Danger of online Resumes
From: Cheryle W <cjwiese -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 16:29:55 PDT

Hi Anne,

Before I landed my current position, I posted my resume online at
headhunter.net, but I was in your same position -- I didn't want my current
employer to know I was looking!

What I did was set up a "blind" e-mail account (something like
"techwriter -at- hotmail -dot- com") and left all other personal info
OFF the resume. I even omitted the name of my current company. vThis was
particularly effective for two reasons:

1) My I.D. was protected.
2) I only used that e-mail account for my online resume -- easy to
organize responses from prospective employers/recruiters.

Hope this helps!

Cheryle

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=