Re: Danger of online Resumes

Subject: Re: Danger of online Resumes
From: Denise Fritch <dfritch -at- INTELLICORP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 16:01:40 -0700

Anne,

> I'd like to post my resume online, but after 10 years in my current
> job, I'm a bit wary. I've heard horror stories about one's
> current employer
> stumbling on these resumes and putting you on the fast track out the door.

I suppose how you present your resume is much more important then just
having that resume online. There is a big difference between a bold head --
LOOKING FOR WORK! -- and your resume as part of a professional section. I
have my resume as part of a three page section -- My Careers, resume, tech
writing links.

I'm certainly now worried about my employer locating those three pages
within my 65 page web site. Besides, my employer is currently not hiring,
even tech writers. I'm the lone tech writer with 20 developers. Instead,
we've had a constant drain of employees leaving this small company. Three
this week.

The site statistics for my web site show several hits per week on my resume
page. Other statistics show search engine hits from "technical writer"
searches. From those hits, I might receive a couple of calls from agency
reps each month. When asked if I am looking for a new job or willing to
listen to what the positions the agency rep is trying to fill, I always take
a couple of minutes to listen. Especially now since I am looking for a new
position.

Denise L. Fritch

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=