Re: Programming???

Subject: Re: Programming???
From: Thom Randolph <thom -at- HALCYON -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 21:17:21 -0700

At 07:57 PM 6/7/99 -0500, you wrote:
>...[snip]...
>Is there really any significant number of tech writers who,
>in addition to the skills required to succeed even as a very
>technically oriented writer, know how to write C++ code?

I can't speak for the others, but I know I am grateful
for such previous experience in this field. Although it
might not be absolutely necessary, all that Software
Development Kit (SDK) documentation, all those manuals
for development systems, and all the documentation for
software components (COM, ActiveX, Delphi VCL, etc.)
often benefit greatly from actual programming experience.

Sorry, the above was not intended as flame-bait. If you
disagree, then I must not have communicated clearly
enough...let me speak up a bit.

Regards to all,

Thom Randolph
thom -at- halcyon -dot- com