Re: What do you put in figure captions

Subject: Re: What do you put in figure captions
From: MAGGIE SECARA <SECARAM -at- MAINSAVER -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 13:49:07 -0700

Personally, I'm all for descriptive captions. When the title is in the
figure, and the fig ref is right next to it as well, it seems awfully
repetitive to just repeat the title unless there's nothing else to say about
it. And it seems rude to expect the user to find the window they're looking
for if 16 of them have the exact same name.

Usually this is where someone says something about consistency, and I either
remind them of the proverb or point out that being consistently useful is
better than consistently dumb.

Cheers!

Maggie
secaram -at- mainsaver -dot- com

A Compendium of Common Knowledge
http://ren.dm.net
NEW! The Trial of the Earl of Essex (1601)
http://ren.dm.net/trial

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=