Re: Reality Check Time

Subject: Re: Reality Check Time
From: Helen Cygnarowicz <helen -at- TIW -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 17:27:53 -0700

I agree with Elna Tymes. High salaries can be earned if you know how to
write, know how to produce technical material for a variety of audiences,
know how to use many authoring tools for a variety of production types, have
more than three years experience, are willing to learn the "technical" part
of the job sufficient unto getting the job done.

In my 15+ year career, I have documented object oriented software and
associated APIs, enterprise wide storage systems, RAID, printers and
associated drivers, hematology analyzers, spectrofluorometers, clinical
chemistry analyzers, satellite in-orbit test systems, satellite
communications hardware and electronics.

Since a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, I have been trying to
document a hemato-spectro-fluoro-chemi-lyzer that is in orbit and running
tests that are sent back to earth via the satcomm electronics in object
oriented software programs that are stored on the enterprise wide systems
using RAID technology and the results printed out with the appropriate
printer drivers.

I am using FrameMaker, MS Word, Illustrator, Photoshop, WordPad, Excel,
Acrobat, and html/xml/dhl to do this. And yes, I bet when I am done and all
the info is on my web site, someone will pay me $65K+ to do the same for
them, and I will turn them down, because I can make more than that. And
that's why I love California. And especially Silicon Valley.

Cheers and Happy Friday. Walk in beauty.

Helen Cygnarowicz, Manager
Information Development Group
VERTEX SATCOM SYSTEMS, INC.
2211 Lawson Lane