Re: At what point does software become an application?

Subject: Re: At what point does software become an application?
From: Jan Stanley <janron -at- CONCENTRIC -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:09:57 -0400

I like a little variety in my prose. If the user is likely to
see "Bill," "the Bill software," "the software," "CompanyName's
Bill," and even "the application" and "the program" as referring
to the same thing, I like to mix 'em up in documentation so that
readers don't get bored to tears by reading the same term over
and over and over again.

And I suspect that the distinction between pre-installation "Bill
software" and installed "Bill" wouldn't mean much to most users.

Best,
Jan
janron -at- concentric -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=