Re: GUI issues

Subject: Re: GUI issues
From: Kathleen Holscher <kholscher -at- NSISW -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 10:55:01 -0500

Sean,
I am lucky in my situation because the developer who started our GUI was the
first to admit he couldn't write. He would frequently ask me what to write.
No discussion - just tell him what to write. Even though he is now gone,
I've tried to carry that attitude forward and most of the developers here
appreciate the help.

As for your questions about reasonable limitations, I have two cents for
what it's worth. We had a situation once where a check box was necessary
but even for a simple yes/no choice, the reason for making this selection
was complex and a description was even more difficult. We made the check
box description as concise as possible and then altered the GUI to fit the
lengthy description. If you set limitations, make sure they are flexible
enough to handle the exceptions.

Hope this helps
Kathleen
kholscher -at- nsisw -dot- com