Re: User and Administrator guides

Subject: Re: User and Administrator guides
From: Gilda Spitz <Gilda_Spitz -at- MARKHAM -dot- LONGVIEW -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 15:38:49 -0400

Thank you to those who responded to my question. The consensus seems to be
that there's not much more you can do when tasks overlap between user
groups.

Chris Kowalchuk suggested that you can "divide your manuals between, say,
"administrative tasks" and "daily tasks"", which is more or less how my
administrator and user guides are already divided. He also suggested a
table at the front of each book, identifying the location of topics on
various tasks, to minimize the extensive cross-referencing - and I will
try that.

Thanks again.

Gilda Spitz
Manager, Documentation and Translation