Help! Cartoons for PowerPoint presentation (long)

Subject: Help! Cartoons for PowerPoint presentation (long)
From: "Allison, Nancy" <Nancy -dot- Allison -at- TFN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 15:29:19 -0400

I'm going to give a talk in August at a conference. To add a little interest
and humor, I've hired an artist to draw some topical cartoons.

I've never done this before. I need to advise the artist on what size the
originals should be, what line width, etc. I will be scanning the art into
the computer -- the artist does not have a computer and will be working on
paper. I've already said that the cartoons need to be simple -- no fine
lines or lots of little details. But I'm sure there's more practical info I
can give her.

My presentation will be in a PowerPoint file, which will be shown on a
screen at the head of the room (typical conference presentation). I've never
done that, either!

So, the cartoons need to be:

--drawn with a line width that ultimately will be visible when projected up
on a screen, as part of a PowerPoint slide, in a conference room

--scanned from paper into digital format

--saved in an appropriate file format (JPEG? BMP? What?)

--imported into a PowerPoint file

--displayed visibly in a conference room

And I've never done ANY of this before. Help! Questions:

----Can anybody advise me of how to do any of these steps?

----What line width should I tell the artist to use?

----I've suggested the original cartoons be drawn on 8.5 x 11" paper. Does
that sound right?

----At what resolution should I scan them into the computer?

----What file format is best to save them in?

----At what resolution should I import them into PowerPoint?

----Does the term "anti-aliasing" have some relevance to any of this? Is
there something I can do to make the cartoons look as good as possible
online?

----Is there some technical question of glaring importance that I'm too
clueless to ask?

Thanks very, very much!