Desperately seeking employment...

Subject: Desperately seeking employment...
From: Michael Schiesl <Mpschiesl -at- RA -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 03:37:58 -0500

Beth,

A lot of these messages have diverted from your need here. Four months with
Robohelp and whatever else, plus a degree, is more than I had when I started out
(and is still more than I have in some ways). Here are some possible avenues
for your search.

>Agencies
Someone said not to do this, but this is an easy way to break in. Launch your
resume to everybody. I'm sure that you'll get some responses.

>Consulting Firms (documentation, software, etc.)
These guys may be looking for people. If so, they may give you a break.

>Internet
There are thousands of opportunities posted on the web. You can check the job
websites, or if you have some particular companies in your area, just hook up to
their site. Most companies keep some type of online list and online
application/resume.

>Tech Writing Buddies
See if you can find some tech writing buddies (from STC, from your old job,
etc.). Maybe your old job will take you on as a independent contractor...who
knows?

Concerning experience, don't get too flustered unless they're asking for 5+
years. Concerning pay, you would probably be able to get $14US without too much
trouble (in Milwaukee area). Concerning everything else, have faith in God's
plan for your life and try to keep confidence during this whole process. If you
really can't find anything, give me an email, and maybe I can try to help you a
little more personally (I just need to know where you're coming from).

Best wishes, my hopes go out to you,

Michael Schiesl
Rockwell Automation Product Documentation

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=