Re: Referencing dialog box components - Repost

Subject: Re: Referencing dialog box components - Repost
From: Peterson Karen <Peterson_Karen -at- PRC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:25:32 -0400

Michelle wondered, "how would you suggest the radio button "Open a
previously saved report" be seen?"

Dear Michelle,

I, too, follow the MS Manual, so I second the response that you bold it (see
page 76). Even though the name is long, the bold isn't "too much."

Because you are using the same capitalization as the option button--highly
recommended, because it confuses the user less--you need to discern where
the name starts and stops. You could use a different font or quotation
marks, but why deviate from a standard that people are familiar with and
works fine?

Cheers,
Karen

"The only freedoms we really appreciate are those which cast others into
an equivalent state of servitude."
--Jean Paulhan, from "Happiness in Slavery," introduction to Story of

Karen Peterson
Peterson_Karen -at- prc -dot- com
610.260.2644

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=