Chapter Numbers in TOC/Index and Merged Index

Subject: Chapter Numbers in TOC/Index and Merged Index
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 13:49:49 -0700

Happy Monday!

OK, I admit it, I used to be pretty good with Word,
but after not having used it much since switching over
to Frame two years ago, I've forgotten more about it
than I remember, though it is coming back to be.

Question.

I have 8 individual Word files, one for each chapter.

I am not using any numbering in the headers, H1 is
just 18pt bold text without section numbering. There
is no numbering relationship between the chapters
since chapters are not being numbered.

What I need to do is have the chapter number appear
automatically in the page number, TOC, and Index. I
don't care if I need to manualy enter a setting since
this document is so close to completion that the
numbers for each chapter are not going to change at
this point (famous last words, huh?).

I could merge the 8 chapters into a single Word file,
but I have a problem with creating a single 80-100mb
Word file (most of the chapters are in the 8-10mb
range since I'm using more than 400 screen shots).

Any takers?

BTW...my next question will be: You were helpful in
letting me know how to generate a TOC from multiple
files using the RD feature...works great and I owe you
a summary web page. I now need to do something similar
for the Index, but in addition to having all Index
entries in the same document, I need to have the Index
merged and sorted.

Thanks
===
John Posada