Re: ADMIN: payment options for list membership

Subject: Re: ADMIN: payment options for list membership
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 17:55:27 -0400

Hallo:

We do have some out-of country folks on the list. However, can we
accommodate all of their currencies and payment methods?

What about folks without credit cards? This might be more common in Europe.
What about folks without a checking account and without credit cards? What
about folks without access to money orders, checking accounts, and credit
cards? Will we accept $CAN, $AUS, the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Lira (hmmmm,
lets see, $10 is 17000 Lira, plus conversion fees . . .), as well as $USD?
Should we really accept $USD or make the Rupee the currency we accept? Etc.

At some point, an arbitrary line has to be drawn regarding all of these
money issues. I certainly recommend accepting MC/VISA and cheques. Yes, that
rules out AMEX, Discover, Access, and various European/Asian credit cards.
Accepting only Canadian and US currency also makes things more difficult for
some, but I'd recommend that, too.

The only way to put all of these issues to bed is to go with a free list
service. Otherwise, a line has to be drawn and some discriminated against
;?(.

All the best.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com