Track Changes Was: Editing PDFs

Subject: Track Changes Was: Editing PDFs
From: Frederique Courard-Hauri <fch -at- FCHCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:34:42 -0400

Beth Friedman wrote:

> <snip>Is there any tool that allows
> you to do something that mimics hand-editing on an electronic file?
>
> Word's Track Changes feature is pretty good, but there are people I know
> who are much more comfortable with the standard editing marks. And Track
> Changes isn't always useful -- for example, if I want to move something to
> another location, Track Changes shows it deleted in one spot and added in
> another, but doesn't show the inherent connection between the two bits of
> text.

I use the Track Changes feature exclusively with most of my clients
(researchers writing papers). I always include a query document, which I
use
to make comments and queries, but also to explain edits made in the text
when
those edits might not make immediate sense.

It's a workaround, but these people aren't even interested in using a
template
for their docs (sigh)!
--
Frederique Courard-Hauri FCH Communications
fch -at- fchcomm -dot- com http://www.fchcomm.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=