Re: What do you want to be called? (less serious)

Subject: Re: What do you want to be called? (less serious)
From: DHICKEY -at- ALIS -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 10:57:46 -0400

Greetings!

> >Although I've been known to refer to myself as a
> Documentation Goddess or Word Monkey I prefer plain ol' Technical Writer.
> sometimes refer to myself as "the MAPS doc whipping boy".
> Maybe not professionally empowering, but it gets the
> idea across, and indeed it makes them give me MORE work.

I usually just say I'm a Technical Writer, but on the more monotonous days,
I've referred to myself as a Writing Grunt.

On the lighter days, I prefer Genius or Grand Poobah of Documentation. I
have yet to find anyone to refer to me as such though. The Engineers are too
busy running screaming in the other direction when they see me coming with
my bug list. <g>
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
John David Hickey
Montreal, Quebec, Canada eh?

dhickey -at- alis -dot- com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/
wk: 514-747-2542 ext.: 317
pg: 514-205-9209

They say that the pen is mightier than the sword.
But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the sword.
Don't confuse my opinion with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=