Re: User Documentation Preferences [WAS: Frame & WWP vs Word & boHelp]

Subject: Re: User Documentation Preferences [WAS: Frame & WWP vs Word & boHelp]
From: Dan Roberts <DRoberts -at- ISOGON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:47:08 -0400

Title: RE: User Documentation Preferences [WAS: Frame & WWP vs Word & RoboHelp]

*this* user, and a couple of DBA/Network Admins friends certainly dont. I hate having to poke thru little bits on online text to find the *one* bit that I really need. My friends dont want another window cluttering up their screen when they're trying to solve some db or network problem.

I think the right balance might be to put the more theoretical/conceptual stuff in print (and maybe a cut-down version online) and have pure task/procedure stuff mostly online (and maybe some of the simpler getting started kinds of tasks on paper).

Dan Roberts
droberts -at- isogon -dot- com