Framemaker bullet mayhem!

Subject: Framemaker bullet mayhem!
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- MPSBC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 14:59:14 -0700

Good afternoon,

I've got two files (amongst many others) in a book. They both use the same
master pages, styles, etc. For one particular heading (called "Step Title"),
I'm using the Numbering feature to insert a bullet before the term. I'm
using the "\t" tag, preceded by a bracket (so, "}\t"). I've selected
Wingdings 3 as my font, to insert a arrow-shaped bullet. This works
correctly in one document, yet in the other it displays as a bracket. Thus,
it does not apply the symbol from the Wingdings font.

So, in the first document, it displays correctly like this (where *
represents the Wingding arrow):

* Attaching the Snoffhoggler

Whereas, in another document, with exactly (I've checked thoroughly) the
same properties in the Paragraph designer, I get:

} Attaching the Snoffhoggler

What's strange is I've compared the two documents, and all of the settings
are the same on the Paragraph designer window. It simply works in one
document and doesn't in another. Very frustrating. Any thoughts or advice
would be appreciated. Thanks. DB.

---------------------------
Darren Barefoot
Technical Content Developer
1-604-904-0822 ext.112
<mailto: dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com <mailto:dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com> >
< http://www.mps.com>

Meridian News!
Act now!! Space is limited for Meridian's 1999 User Conference, Bridging
People and Technology at the Hotel Nikko on September 29 - October 1,
1999. To reserve your space, please call 1-800-850-2660 or email us at
blink -at- mps -dot- com -dot- For more information, please visit our Web site at
www.mps.com.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=