jobs, Seattle WA. area...

Subject: jobs, Seattle WA. area...
From: Tameiko Davis <TameikoD -at- MPL -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 13:07:59 -0700

Title: jobs, Seattle WA. area...

Hello!

Are you looking to escape the heat? Maybe you do not have four seasons where you live...Have you looked into Seattle? If not, maybe you should. Seattle is consistently ranked as one of America's most livable cities. We have beautiful walking/hiking/biking trails, two mountain ranges, world class schools, excellent shopping/malls and a booming economy! Meridian Partners Limited, located near Seattle, WA, specializes in e-business solutions, custom software development, commercial Internet services, consulting and project management. We are privately held and growing at an amazing rate. Meridian employees are full-time salaried professionals with comprehensive benefits. Here are some of our current positions that we have available:

COM/OLE Programmer Writer - Do you have a desire to evangelize your knowledge of technology through writing? If so, then we have the perfect job for you! Primary responsibilities include developing overview, reference, and how-to documentation for our client's suite of Software Developer Kit (SDK) products. COM/OLE experience is preferred. Position requires the ability to document C++ interfaces and methods. Candidate should be able to coordinate work with other technical writers, developers, and testers on the project. Superior writing skills and the ability to program in C/C++ critical are required. Must be a team player, have good organizational skills, and be able to meet tight deadlines. Ability to work both independently and as part of small, focused team required. A BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Technical Communications, or related discipline preferred. Position places you in a fast-paced, challenging environment that provides a highly rewarding sense of team accomplishment.

C++/XML Programmer Writer - Primarily responsible for developing and writing Help SDK and Guide references and samples. Research, write, and verify all technical content for assigned projects. Read, review, and write C, C++, XML and Java source and samples. Work with the lead editor, lead writer, and production lead to develop clear, concise and complete documentation.

Work with developers, quality assurance (testing) and Program Managers for ongoing informal tech reviews. Monitor and resolve assigned bugs. Work with production on issues related to SDK product formats/deliverables and tools. 3-5 years work related experience required. Excellent technical writing skills required. The ability to read or write a high-level programming language and understand the principles of high quality software development is required. Must possess expert understanding of one or more major technologies, such as database design and development, networking, client/server applications, security, multimedia, or device drivers, etc. The ability to be proactive in solving problems is required.  Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.

C++ Technical Editor - Primary responsibilities include developmental and copyediting of our client's suite of Software Developer Kit (SDK) products. This includes review and organization of technical documentation to be published in DOC, RTF, and HTML formats and working with programmer writers on technical and writing issues. Additional responsibilities include maintaining and contributing to team guidelines on style and terminology issues. Qualifications include a minimum of 5 years of developmental editing experience and experience editing programmer documentation. Candidates must be able to read and write C/C++ and VB code. Experience with online editing required. The ability to communicate with programmer writers and program managers is a must! Bachelors degree required.

Meridian's strength is the talent, expertise, and character of its employees, who lead the industry in creating next generation software products, applications, and Web-based solutions for the top companies in the Northwest. Send your resume to tameikod -at- mpl -dot- net or visit us at http://www.mpl.net and see what other great opportunities we have available!

Thanks!

Tameiko Davis
Meridian Partners Ltd.
http://www.mpl.net