Dead Links and Slow Pages in Acrobat

Subject: Dead Links and Slow Pages in Acrobat
From: "Brathwaite, Chantel" <cbrathwaite -at- python -dot- ideas -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 15:22:15 -0400

Hello Everyone,

This email has been cross-posted to Acrobat Talk.

Question #1: I combined a couple of PDF documents in Acrobat Exchange using
the Insert Pages command. (I'm using Acrobat 3.0, BTW. The original
documents were created in Microsoft Word 97 and are just individual
documents -- they were NOT linked using the horrible (IMHO) master document
feature). However, when I try to click on the links in the combined
document, they appear to be dead. Strangely, when I click on the links in
the individual documents, they are miraculously alive. Can anyone tell me
why this could be? Incidentally, the links were created using MultiLinker
for Word 97.

Question #2: This same document has about 200+ pages. When I look at the
document in Acrobat Reader 4.0, some pages load very quickly, and some load
very slowly (the pages load line by line -- almost as if a quick typist is
entering the information manually). The pages aren't necessarily graphics
intensive; in fact, some of the "slow" pages have plain text that have two
fonts and a small table. Can anyone tell me why this could happen?

Thanks in advance for your responses,

Chantel