RE: Partition/Software Question

Subject: RE: Partition/Software Question
From: "Robert J. Opitz" <opitz -at- scientist -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:50:25 -0400

> barry -dot- kieffer -at- exgate -dot- tek -dot- com wrote:
>
> Greetings Julie,
>
> Why partition the hard drive at all? It does not gain you any space. It does
> not gain you any protection.
>
> I just can not see why it would be of any benefit al all.

One benefit is organization. If you set up a partition for data only, you can set up the directory structure to have 5 or 10 or so directories that make
sense to you. If you use drive C, your data can be buried among 100+ directories with cryptic names, and the Open File dialog box is just not very big.

Some people are happy with the My Documents folder, but some of us are not.

Bob