Re: Any ideas for a presentation on the documentation process?

Subject: Re: Any ideas for a presentation on the documentation process?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Krista Van Laan <KVanlaan -at- verisign -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:45:08 -0700 (PDT)

Give everyone a sealed jar of peanut butter, a sealed
jar of jelly, a couple of slices of bread still in the
bag, and a knife. Tell them to write down the process
to make a couple of sandwiches, then have their
neighbor use the own process word for word to make
their lunch.

Tell them that this is what you do all day, every day,
with processes that are WAY more complex than
something any six year old can do.

> I and a writer in my group are going to give a
> presentation on the
> documentation process to the engineers and probably
> some marketing people.
> Has anyone had any luck doing the same thing or any
> ideas on how
> to make it interesting?
>
> I'd like to make it relate to them in some way, not
> just show a bunch
> of slides that says how long it takes to do various
> things.

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"The art of creating software that is usable by individuals is a communication skill. It is not a programming skill."
--Bill Atkinson, creator of MacPaint and HyperCard