RE: Word, MS Binder question

Subject: RE: Word, MS Binder question
From: "EXT-Kendall, Nancy C" <Nancy -dot- Kendall -at- ARZ -dot- Boeing -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:02:44 -0700

I'm currently working on documentation that uses MS Word and Binder. We've
had nothing but problems. I'd advise against using Binder, or for that
matter even using MS Word if you are doing documents of any size.

I've also done conversion from FrameMaker to Word. The document was over 500
pages and almost every graphic had to be manually put into the Word document
after the conversion. Text converted great, graphics didn't. Almost every
page had at least one graphic and some had two. Talk about a real headache!

Someone should explain to "management" the difference between word
processing software (MS Word) and real publishing software (FrameMaker,
Interleaf, etc.). The question is, "Would they listen?".

Just my opinion...

Nancy