Internet capitalisation

Subject: Internet capitalisation
From: "Sonja McShane" <sonja -at- ekorp -dot- com>
To: "Techwr-l" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 10:43:16 +1100

Haven't read a digest for weeks, (I do love my new job), but need to ask a
question please.

Is it most common these days to write Internet or internet?
Merriam-Webster's says Internet, and that's how I've been writing it for
years. But someone here thinks that's now old fashioned. I _briefly_ checked
the archives and the only relevant topic I found was in 1996.

Please reply directly--who knows when I'll get to read the digests (29
stored so far!)
Thanks a million.
Sonja

Email sonja -at- ekorp -dot- com