Subject: responses to documentation process queries
From: UmaP -at- NIIT -dot- com
To: Brijesh_B1 -at- verifone -dot- com, kent -dot- drummond -at- et -dot- pge -dot- com, MReina -at- federatedinv -dot- com, jbergen1 -at- earthlink -dot- net, BSHOOLBR -at- ECS-INC -dot- com
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:21:42 +0530

Hi,
The premature conclusions that a couple of people on the list have drawn
about me from my mail seeking inputs on the documentation process suggests
that most of us have very little idea about how vastly different techncial
writing is among organizations worldwide.
I have been into technical documentation for more than five years. For one
year and a half, I wrote user manuals in Word; and for the next three years
I studied instructional design and wrote technical content in Word (for CBTs
that were constructed using an inhouse engine). I then moved on to learning
to be a technical editor. Most technical writers moved on to other
technologies - Robohelp, Winhelp, html etc. My questions were to have a feel
about these parallel developments.
Like you have pointed out, my new organization, which I haven't yet joined,
will help me arrive at my answers. I have received constructive answers from
this list from Brijesh Bhaskaran, Kent Drummond and Mary Reina - I'm really
thankful to you. I'm slightly miffed by the others (Jane Bergen and Betsy
Shoolbred) who responded with unnecessary condescension.
Regards.

Visit http://www.niit.com for eCommerce Solutions.