Dredging for dept information

Subject: Dredging for dept information
From: "Edwin Skau" <eddy_skau -at- mailcity -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 12:01:50 +0530

HELP!!!

I have sold my soul to a company for 3 years (bonded labour) as their tech writer. NONE of the project teams have ANY information in the form of even preliminary documentation.

In the the absence of programming specs, dataflow charts etc, how do I gather the info for my documentation? Is there a link that prescribes a system of information gathering for technical documantation purposes?

I propose to steamroll the project leaders into recording all pertinent information henceforth, but would like some help on the format they should follow. Are there general guidelines that I can start with, or should we hold a pow wow and formulate our own from scratch?

You are going to hear a lotta yelps from me for 3 years now.

In the meantime...

Have a great day for now.

eddy