RE: Resumes/Interviewing

Subject: RE: Resumes/Interviewing
From: "Murrell, Thomas" <TMurrell -at- alldata -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>, "'Tothscribe -at- aol -dot- com'" <Tothscribe -at- aol -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:55:36 -0500

Tothscribe asks:

> What would you think of the following resume layout?
>
> Page 1
> -- General list of software used
> -- List of documents written
> ("CorpTool User Guide for XX Corporation")
> -- List of other skills, broken out by category
> (classes taken, classes taught, whatever)
>
> Page 2
> Chronological list of companies worked for, in this format:

I prefer a different format:

1. General Statement of My Objective.
2. Review of _relevant_ skills I possess. (I possess many skills that are
irrelevant to the job as well).
3. List of Past Accomplishments (with emphasis on work completed rather than
activities performed).
4. Relevant Past Employment History.

And it's all on one page. (How I love electronic publishing. Cut and
Paste.)

Regards,
Tom Murrell