Re: Inconsistent lines in .PDF files...

Subject: Re: Inconsistent lines in .PDF files...
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com, keith -at- kglongware -dot- com
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 99 13:28:56 -0500

Keith,

You may be looking at an artifact of screen resolution or printer resolution. Are the lines different thicknesses on-screen if you enlarge the view to 200% or 300%?

Are they different when printed at 600 or 1200 dpi rather than 300 dpi?

Are you using the Distiller print driver or are you using a print driver for a 300 dpi printer in your office?

Try changing the driver and the dpi setting. If that doesn't work, import the document into Frame- or PageMaker and try again.

Dick

From: "Keith Long" <keith -at- kglongware -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 11:02:40 -0600

>Hello all,

I am attempting to create a .PDF file from a word document. My problem is
that underlined text within the .PDF file is inconsistent throughout the
document (i.e., some lines are thicker than others). Is there a way to fix
this? My document uses black lines (no color)...