Re: Ever see this word used this way?

Subject: Re: Ever see this word used this way?
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 17:04:41 -0800

I've seen this word used in the fields of psychology or sociology where they
"decompose" a problem into its underlying causes. Perhaps the word is finding
its way into other fields as well.

I'm with you though, I'd rather use a different word.

Marilynne

At 07:19 AM 12/9/99 , John Posada wrote:
>I'm reading a document (System Design Specification)
>that I'm updating and I came across this sentence:
>
>"The processes described in the FRS* must be
>decomposed into software products, which run on the
>target hardware."
>
>Aside from some issues I have with the general
>wording, anyone ever see the word "decomposed" used
>this way?
>
>I've never seen it used this way, but what do I know?

Marilynne Smith
Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM
marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com