Re: Do you just bite your tongue?

Subject: Re: Do you just bite your tongue?
From: "Tom Murrell" <tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: Debbie Packer <dpacker -at- stingrayboats -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 17:38:10 -0500

----------
>From: "Debbie Packer" <dpacker -at- stingrayboats -dot- com>

{Snippage}

> Either way, I
> still think it makes most of us look bad, but what do you do? Do you argue
> for what is right or do you keep your mouth shut so you can keep your job?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Debbie

I honestly think you did the right thing. If you aren't allowed to correct
errors of spelling, grammar, and punctuation, or if your higher-ups don't
recognize when you have done so, you punt to the boss.

I guess I would be a little concerned that your boss did not back you up but
"silently" published the errors instead. But that sounds like a bit of
office politics that you were obviously aware of when you sent the material
on to that supervisor.

If you did anymore, you would be labeled a hot head. (I ought to know; I
have been so labeled in the past.)

--
Tom Murrell ||"If the only tool you have is a hammer,
Senior Technical Writer || everything looks like a nail."