RE: Interview Expense - Contractor Job

Subject: RE: Interview Expense - Contractor Job
From: "Harry Bacheler" <hbacheler -at- geo -dot- census -dot- gov>
To: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:02:41 -0500

To all

I have had several 'remote' jobs, and several local jobs.

In several cases, the remote jobs were 'interview on the phone', show up to
do the work, finish the job (all done, or they ran out of money), go home.

Others were: phone interview with 'contracting firm', visit with
contracting firm, phone interview with client, visit with client, 'you're
hired', show up to do the job, finish the job, go home.

I believe that if you have to travel (air to client destination, hotel,
rental car, etc. -- they pay the bill). Depending on negotiated
arrangements: 1) They prepay, or make arrangements), or 2) you pay all of
the stuff, and then submit an invoice, and then get paid.

I have done all of the above during the past 18 years.

The above is my experience, and is shared with all.

If you need more detailed, specific, information, address me off-list. at
<< hbacheler -at- bigfoot -dot- com >>

Harry M. Bacheler, Jr.
Consultant
VGS, Inc.

"The thoughts, ideas, and opinions expressed in my portion of
this email are mine and mine alone. They are not the thoughts,
ideas, and/or opinions of any past, present, or future employers,
or any group that I might belong to."