Re: callouts in Paint Shop Pro--an easy way?

Subject: Re: callouts in Paint Shop Pro--an easy way?
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch>
To: kimber_miller -at- acs-inc -dot- com
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 19:30:41 +0200

Kimber,

Callouts and similar elements are indeed pretty hard to do on raster
graphics. For such things, I strongly suggest to use a vector based graphic
software. I have achieved very good results with Adobe Illustrator, but as
you are Windows-based, you might look at Corel Draw (if budget is an
issue).

One "trick" I use is to have two exact copies of the line or arrow on top
of each other: the lower one is white and 1.5 to 2 points wider than the
upper black one. This causes a subtle, but noticeable separation between
the lines and the underlying graphic.

Hope, this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering
Low Paper workflows, Smart documents, PDF forms
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch
http://www.prodok.ch

[ Building Bridges for Information ]

My colleague needs to create callouts on screen captures that she has
created in
Paint Shop Pro, Version 5. This is proving to be a nasty, gnarly task, with
using the provided arrow graphics. She wonders if there's not an easier way?