Writing Technical Documentation

Subject: Writing Technical Documentation
From: "Kenny, Jill" <jill -dot- kenny -at- corp -dot- bellsouth -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 13:23:40 -0400

I'm being asked to write and assist in writing highly technical documents
for our software development center. These documents include technical
design docs, architectural overviews, application roadmaps, and development
methodology descriptions. Do these types of documents fall under the
category of technical writing? And if not, any suggestions on how to
gracefully bow out of these tasks.

In my years of technical writing, I have always been involved in developing
user-end documentation, i.e., help files, user manuals, etc. So this is
completely new to me.

Jill Kenny
Bellsouth.net
678 441-7356
email: jill -dot- kenny -at- bellsouth -dot- com