acrobat distiller and word

Subject: acrobat distiller and word
From: "Cayenne Woods" <cwoods -at- purplevoice -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 17:47:49 +0100

I have acrobat 4.0 installed, and using Word 97. After finding the Create PDF
option in Word didn't do anything, I researched and found something called
pdfmaker. This is supposed to enable me to have a table of contents and
dual-pane window when making a word doc into a pdf.

After installing pdfmaker, the Create PDF option in word now works - or tries
to. But I get an error message about distiller printer driver repair, which is
for version 3.0, then an error message about not finding the printer driver for
Distiller Assistant.

I can see a ppd, I can create pdfs with Distiller, but I can't use a table of
contents. Is there a different way to do this in 4.0? There is absolutely no
info on adobe's site that I have found. Maybe I should go back to 3.0!!

any help appreciated
Cayenne

This communication contains information which is confidential
and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s). Please note that any distribution, copying
or use of this communication, or the information in it, is strictly
please notify us by email or by telephone (+44 20 8848 6644)
and then delete the email and any copies of it.

This communication is from Purple Voice Ltd., whose principal
office is at Dawley Road, Hayes, Middlesex, England.

checked for the presence of computer viruses.