Re: Poll suggestion: Lurkers

Subject: Re: Poll suggestion: Lurkers
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:39:47 -0600

I'm getting lots of offlist replies (what can I say? Lurkers dig me), many
of which point out two more reasons lurkers don't post:

1. Too much of a hassle to pound their e-mail program into submission so
that it will send plain-text messages

2. Too time consuming to read all the messages, so when they finally DO
read them, the thread they might respond to is no longer active

To those with Internet access, I suggest using the Web interface for

http://lists.raycomm.com/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=techwr-l

You can post and respond using a Web form, which eliminates the hassle of
ensuring your message is formatted correctly.

And it lists threads hierarchically, which makes it easy to find topics of
interest, while avoiding those that are not pertinent to you.

Hope this is helpful. I used to try to read the Digest, but found it hard
to skim. And I can't stand getting that many individual e-mails!

-Keith Cronin

Mimes. It's time to cull the herd.