Laserprinter recommendations sought

Subject: Laserprinter recommendations sought
From: Allen Schaaf <soundbyte -at- sound-by-design -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:30:57 -0700

Dear All,

My personal trusty Epson EPL 7000 (HP IIP emulation) is dying and is probably not worth the cost of attempting repair.

Therefore I am in the market for a laserprinter to replace it for my personal use - not corporate level. Yes, I do an occasional manual printout but that is only 20% or so of total pages printed.

I am tempted to get a overhauled HP 4 or 5M as the printers I see out there do not seem any more robust than those. Also I have seen duplexing versions of these on occasion.

I do want a fair amount of memory and Postscript, if possible.

Thoughts?

Allen Schaaf
Technical writing
<soundbyte -at- sound-by-design -dot- com>

Despite direct awareness of what competition does to people..., some individuals persist in claiming that its effects are constructive. This is a powerful example of how it is possible to adjust our beliefs so as to escape the threatening realization that we have been subjecting ourselves to something terrible, that we have internalized a corrosive personality attribute.
Alfie Kohn
"NO CONTEST - The Case Against Competition"

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com