OT offshoring

Subject: OT offshoring
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 13:23:20 -0600

I admit it, I'm naive. I read this today about Levi's:

"I make $12 an hour," said Ann, who works in the refinishing plant. "The people who'll be doing the work, they get paid $12 a week. They'll be saving money . . . using out-of-the-country manufacturers..."

Now, why is it that it is so expensive to live in America? Why do we need to make more than $12/week to live?

--
Michele

I got out of Babylon, but there was no Zion. No Promised Land.
www.krautgrrl.com