RE: Scroll Wheel Use on Logitech Mouse using FrameMaker 7

Subject: RE: Scroll Wheel Use on Logitech Mouse using FrameMaker 7
From: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 14:50:59 -0400

It's not a problem with the mouse. It's a problem with how the
mouse driver interacts with FrameMaker specifically. The same
well-documented problem exists with FrameMaker using current
Microsoft mouse drivers, and probably other wheel mouse drivers
as well. Don't condemn Logitech for what is really Adobe's
problem with FrameMaker.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel
Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ

From: "Downing, David" <DavidDowning -at- Users -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 13:04:27 -0400

So you've had a bad experience with Logitech too. I bought one of their
mice and the left mouse button quit working after about six months. I
ended up buying a new mouse because it wasn;t worth the trouble of
replacing it. Among other things, they don't have a toll-free number.
So they might have re[placed it, but only after I waitied on hold
forever and went through a long troubleshooting process with them -- all
on my dime.