RE: Context-sensitive HTML Help for .NET application

Subject: RE: Context-sensitive HTML Help for .NET application
From: "Sarah Davies" <Sarah -dot- Davies -at- macrovision -dot- com>
To: <peg217 -at- rcn -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:17:06 +0100

>I'm new to creating HTML Help, and not sure how to accomplish
>context-sensitive help for a .NET application.

We also create .CHMs with RoboHELP X5 for .NET applications. I give the
developers the names of the individual topic .HTM files within my Help
file, and they use those as the "keywords" to create the
context-sensitive help.

For example, the Select Files window in the application might have a
link to Product.chm > SelectFiles.htm. (I don't know exactly how the
links are implemented because I don't know C#, but presumably your
developer has done this before, from what you say.)

It's not the most elegant solution, and requires a little more time than
generating a file of MapIDs, but it does work. If anybody does have a
better method than this, I'd love to hear it.

Sarah