Re: Article: Hiring Managers Reject More than Half of Candidates Based on Web Postings

Subject: Re: Article: Hiring Managers Reject More than Half of Candidates Based on Web Postings
From: Ned Bedinger <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:12:47 -0800

Surag R wrote:

Apart from the common names, what about the matter of identity theft?

And what about its correllary, Engineered Identity? What criminal mastermind, among those who have not yet soiled their own reputations by posting toga party pix on MySpace) hasn't considered contriving their online identity to be the hub of a network that features primarily Rhodes scholars, Nobel laureates, and satisfied cusomers? How can Careerbuilder's 50% of 25% of all hiring managers deal with that? Or should I only be worried about the one in ten who snoop social networking sites?

I wonder, because I really care, e'en 'tho my lips git tired of sooo much kissing up.
Ned Bedinger
doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com