Re: Quick Start Guide

Subject: Re: Quick Start Guide
From: "Paul Pehrson" <paulpehrson -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Rick Bishop" <rickbishop -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 08:27:59 -0700

Was it really called a "Qwik-Start Guide"? Intentional misspelling is a pet
peeve of mine. When I see vendors who intentionally misspell product names,
company names, or the like, on principle I always walk the other direction.
A company that can't spell the name of a product correctly loses credibility
in my mind to the point that I'll go find somebody who can at least _spell_
correctly.

Unintentional misspellings? Those I can live with. I'm an imperfect person
who writes documentation that can occasionally include imperfections. I get
that. What I don't get is intentionally including non-standard spellings
just for the sake of being "cool."

I can't imagine purchasing a product if I knew it contained a "Qwik-Start
Guide."

But, I'm a self-acknowledged spelling purist (and an imperfect one at that).
YMMV.

Paul Pehrson
Midvale, UT

On 11/29/06, Rick Bishop wrote:

Deb: We recently deployed 90+ pre-imaged servers. One of the items
included was a Qwik-Start Guide printed on both sides of 11x17 full color
in