Re: P&P suggestions

Subject: Re: P&P suggestions
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: Jay Maechtlen <techwriter -at- laserpubs -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 22:30:17 -0700

Hey Jay,

When we first met in Sacramento you were unemployed and I was contracting.
Now the roles are reversed.

I will gladly offer my two cents (taken with a grain of salt).

File them all by AO number. Recommend a record keeping tool that allows the
organization to:
â attach keywords and subject labels to each record
â give a user friendly title to each record
â write a short summary of each record
â provide decent search capabilities
â provide on demand lists based on the keywords and subjects which can be
used as widgets on their intranet pages

If you really want to be bold, suggest they find a system that also allows
them to set a review date to ensure the document is current, and an
expiration date.

Easy peasy.

-T

Read about how Georgia System Operation Corporation improved teamwork, communication, and efficiency using Doc-To-Help | http://bit.ly/1lRPd2l