Re: Content optimization software (terminology management)

Subject: Re: Content optimization software (terminology management)
From: Scott Bulloch <scott -dot- bulloch -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Janoff, Steven" <Steven -dot- Janoff -at- hologic -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 23:04:38 +0000

Glad to help. Let me know if you have any other questions about Acrolinx.
We've been using it for a few years now, through various versions of Word.

Another thing that I find helpful in working on documents is Paul
Beverley's macros, particularly FRedit. It lets me quickly handle multiple
find/replace queries. When I find common problems, I write up the
find/replace pair in a 'rules' document that contains many such pairs, then
run the macro. For example, I always replace "in order to" with "to", so
that's one of the rules I have. Same with "the the" to "the". I can put a
whole bunch of those rules in a document, run the macro, and it'll do the
replacements all at once.

Read about how Georgia System Operation Corporation improved teamwork, communication, and efficiency using Doc-To-Help | http://bit.ly/1lRPd2l