Re: Looking for a Bibliography

Subject: Re: Looking for a Bibliography
From: Ray Bruman x2325 <rbruman -at- TURING -dot- RAYNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 1994 12:56:32 PDT

> > But this would make a nice start at a FAQ for the group.
> > I can't count how many times I've been asked
> >
> > "How do you get started in tech writing?"
> > "Do you have to be really technical?"
> > "Should I get a degree?"
> > "What's the going rate for contract writers?"
> >

> > Does anyone want to collect stuff for a FAQ?
> >

> >Ray: yes, I would like to collect that kind of info. I work at
> Portland State University, Oregon, and am planning the curriculum for
> a Technical Writing Minor and non-credit, certificated courses. This
> type of info would help in my planning process. Please let me know
> any more ways to gather this info. Thanks Patricia

In my humble opinion, try soliciting this list for both questions
and answers (like the four above, for starters) and someone (you,
for instance) who will take responsibility for editing it into some
semblance of order. There are good examples and experienced people
out on the Net to advise.

It should be a lot of fun. Expect some disputes, especially over
boundaries. Put this in. Take this out. Put two spaces after
every period. ARRGH!

Ray Bruman Cogito, ergo remuneror.
Raynet Corp.
rbruman -at- raynet -dot- com I think, therefore I am paid.
415-688-2325