PostSript error- Limitcheck

Subject: PostSript error- Limitcheck
From: Tracey Showalter <tshowalt -at- SCTCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 11:12:02 -0500

For you Mac worlders out there:

PrintMonitor has been giving me a message along the lines of the following
with irritating regularity:

"A PostScript error has been generated. The error is limitcheck. Offending
command: image."

Occasionally, the offending command is imagemask.

Does *anyone* know what this means? It always involves a graphic, be it in MS
Word, Canvas, MacDraw, DeBabelizer, GraphicConverter, GifConverter, ... I've
received it when I've printed from a IIci with 20 Mb of RAM, a PowerMac
6100/60AV with 16 Mb of RAM, to an HP IIIsi and 4si, using a generic IIIsi
printer driver, the HP LaserJet 8.1.1 univeral printer driver (configured for
both the IIIsi and the 4si, respectively), and the LaserWriter 8.1 driver
(also configured for the appropriate printers.)

Calgon, take me away!

Tracey Showalter
tshowalt -at- sctcorp -dot- com