FW: Conversion of Info Mapped s

Subject: FW: Conversion of Info Mapped s
From: "Delaney, Misti" <ncr02!ncr02!mdelaney -at- UCS01 -dot- ATTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 17:58:00 -0500

From: Price, Becca
Subject: RE: Conversion of Info Mapped s
Date: Thursday, September 14, 1995 10:08AM

so what's wrong with tables? Frames also work, but you can't use frames in
help.
-becca
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: internet!VM1.ucc.okstate.edu!TECHWR-L (Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Conversion of Info Mapped s
Date: Wednesday, September 13, 1995 9:30AM

Conversion of Info Mapped styles from Word 5 to Word 6, Part 2
This is an appeal to the collective and individual wisdom of this group.

Is there a way to override the way Word 6 handles Info Mapped (i.e. side by
side) styles when it converts a document from Word 5? Word 6 creates
invisible
tables for such styles, rather than the true side by side. I redefined these
styles to be not side by side and copied them from a settings document into
the
applicable Word 5 document, still in Word 5. Then I opened the document in
Word
6. It worked, but converting this way is pretty cumbersome. We have a large
inventory of documents that will have to be converted eventually.

Dunno if creating a macro in Word 6 would help.

A bit of background... We've kinda gone full circle on this whole Info
Mapping,
side by side thing, and have concluded that side by side is an unfortunate
casualty of 'progress'. Yes, the Info Mapping people have a template, but it
still creates tables. So we decided to give up and go to structured writing,

if
not true IMI.

I would appreciate any help and will summarize for the list. Thanks.